Workshop: Migrant Media Network (Ghana)
4-day Workshop on Social Media Sensitization and Migration in Berlin
WHEN: July 17-18 and 22-23, 2019
WHERE: r0g_agency for Open Culture and Critical Transformation, Knobelsdorffstraße 22, 14059 Berlin
CONTACT: Thomas Gitonga Kalunge, email@example.com, +491772426390
Aim: Training Ghanaian diaspora in Germany to become trainers on social media sensitization in the areas of regular and irregular migration.
Phase 1 – Participants will learn about engaging responsibly with social media and be equipped with basic training skills on how to organize workshops on social media sensitization in Ghana.
Phase 2 – Four of the trained participants will be supported with materials and guidelines to conduct social media sensitization training workshops in their region of origin in Ghana around the ethical use of social media, irregular vs regular migration and tackling human traffickers’ deceptions.
Why you should participate:
- Be part of a pioneer group of Ghanaian trainers
- Become a certified trainer on social media sensitization
- Help mitigate the lies of human traffickers
- Tell your own success stories on migration
- Co-create print and offline/online digital materials on topics around migration and social media
Food and beverages will be provided during the workshop.