You will be responsible for creating and collating original text and video content, managing posts, and responding to followers. You will help curate and cultivate our organization’s online image and projects in a dynamic, cohesive way in order to achieve strategic goals, including increasing engagement, followers, and social impact.
As Social Media Coordinator for a nonprofit, an interest in (or excitement about learning about) international affairs, migration and peace efforts, and/or social and tech activism is essential. Additionally, you are up-to-date with the latest digital technologies, social media trends, and analytics. You have excellent communication skills, possess native-level English skills, and thrive in situations that call for a mix of creativity and precision.
- Working under the Communications Manager, you will help design and implement a social media strategy across our diverse projects.
- You will generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content (including original text, photos, video, etc.) using social media tools available.
- Collaborate with our teams in both Berlin and abroad, you will help mentor and build up our and our projects social media presence and impact and support project partners in gaining social media skills and increasing their impact.
- You will monitor social media for current events and work related to our activities, in order to highlight and promote our and our partner’s work.
- Daily tasks will include communicating with followers, responding to queries in a timely manner, and monitoring community reviews.
- You will stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends on social media, design tools, and applications, and will implement these as needed.
- Using tools such as Google Analytics and FB Insights, you will monitor, track, analyse, and report on performance across social media platforms.
- Fluent in English (C2 level), with a strong command of German (B2 or C1). French, Arabic, and other languages are also a plus.
- Experience in social media management
- Experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills in English and ideally, German
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Critical thinking skills, with an ability to learn about and incorporate knowledge about other cultural norms into online content.
What do we offer?
- You will be joining an international, dedicated and lively team, based in Berlin, Germany with team and partner nodes primarily in Africa.
- We offer a flexible work environment and a great office space in Berlin.
- You will be given the opportunity to develop new threads, connections and projects.
- As a freelancer, we have a project-based pay structure, commensurate with experience and abilities.
Female candidates, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply.
If interested, please send a short email to the email address below and include the following information: a cover letter, resumé, and, if available, a link to your Instagram or Twitter account that showcases your social media style.