#defyhatenow Field Guide Cameroon
Social Media Hate Speech Mitigation Field Guide [Pilot Edition 2019-2020]
The #defyhatenow Field Guide Cameroon offers tools and strategies to be used by community-based organisations & online campaigns for peacebuilding in Cameroon.
#defyhatenow aims to raise awareness of and develop means for countering social media based hate speech, conflict rhetoric and directed online incitement to violence and to amplify ‘positive influencers’ occupying Cameroon’s social media landscape with voices of peacebuilding and counter-messaging rather than leaving that space open to agents of conflict.
This Field Guide is their tool kit to do so.
Developed and compiled by the #defyhatenow initiative with selected excerpts from materials published by collaborative partner organisations & networks, 2019 - 2020.
THE FIELD GUIDE CONTAINS:
- A1 Poster & Game: ‘Quick reference’ tips and tools for responsible social media use
- A4 Guidebook: Detailed information for workshop facilitators & further training resources
- A4 Handouts: Selection of handouts and exercises to photocopy and use in the training
- A5 Cards: 10 Concept Cards to facilitate group discussion in workshops
- A2 Posters (Series of 5): Concept illustrations to use as visual discussion guides & prompts
It is possibel to download the complete Field Guide, Facilitator Guide, the Discussion Cards and Posters below.
FIELD GUIDEBOOK CHAPTERS
01. Social Media & Conflict
02. Peacebuilding & Social Media
03. Social Media Literacy
04. Civil Society- Social Media Code of Conduct
05. Peacebuilding & Technology
06. Identity & Context
07. Art 4 Peace- #ArtivismCivil Society Initiatives & Diaspora
08. Trauma Healing
11.Notes & References
- #ThinkB4UClick! Social Media Code of Conduct
- Categories of hate speech and emotional responses
- What can we do to counteract HATE SPEECH?
- Does online hate speech incite offline violence?
- #HashTagsForPeace!!! Social Media Activism